Monday, April 1, 2013

What a Wonderful Day.....

Easter Sunday was perfect....well, almost perfect. Unfortunately, my hubby wasn't able to be home with us, but we still got to spend the day with family.

My sister came up with her family from Pennsylvania while other cousins of ours drove over from Connecticut.

The day started pretty early.....and although I was still groggy, I somehow managed to get a pretty nice shot of the tulips that I bought.






Now, some of you may know that I was totally not prepared for this day....I usually have my menu planned out weeks in advance, but because I have been so tied up with my blog (I absolutely love blogging!!) I forgot to plan my menu until late Saturday night.

Lucky for me, my sister and I discussed some possibilities and hello.....here is a sampling of what we had for Easter Brunch.




Let me just say that we stuffed ourselves....we were completely and utterly stuffed! Not only did we have quiche, asparagus, ham, chicken salad finger sandwiches (my daughter's request) to name a few items, but we also had Caroline's very tasty potato salad with mustard dressing and Jen's yum-o-licious coconut pie.

I literally couldn't move.....or breathe....ugh....need to loosen the buttons!

After awhile, we gathered the kids up for the Easter egg hunt before they revolted.

Ready.
Set.
Go!

Oh!

.....watch out for Kikster-Boy.....he will take your eggs if you're not careful....




All in all, I think it was a pretty awesome day.

We ate. Hung out with family and....

Oh! Guess who's home!

Ok, I've got to go.....my hubby and I have a date tonight to watch the much anticipated Game of Thrones!

But before I run off, let me just say that I am very grateful and thankful for all the people in my life and I hope that you all had a wonderful and blessed day.





And for those who celebrate.....Happy Easter.

Happy to join Marvelous In My Monday today


14 comments:

  1. Glad you still had a beautiful easter even though your husband could not be home.

    Have a great date night with him girl! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great date nite! Thanks for reading! ;)

      Delete
  2. Is that bacon wrapped asparagus??? Dear Lord everything looks so delicious!!! For not planning a thing I think it turned out amazingly! So glad you had a great day!

    I love blogging too! It's such a great hobby! So addicting! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes....BACON!!!! lol. I think I need to pace myself....this blogging is very addicting. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa for stopping by and reading. :)

      Delete
  4. Love your treatment of the Easter tulips as well as the look into your family gathering..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I enjoyed your poems....I and I'm going to check out the dverse night too!

      Delete
  5. I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful Easter and that you are able to get some date time in with your hubby!! Was that bacon wrapped asparagus! I'm so hungry now! :D Your pictures are all beautiful!

    Heather @ http://www.workfromhomewithkids.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather thank you. I will definitely visit you blog. Easter was fun and spending sometime with my hubby was a good thing.

      Delete
  6. your photos are beautiful... how wonderful to spend time with family:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura - thanks for reading.....family time is a rare thing in this household.

      Delete
  7. All such amazing captures, but the first tulip image is my favorite! Thanks so much for sharing at TM this week Jules. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy - The first image of tulips is my favorite - no editing at all....pure morning sun. :)

      Delete

All comments will be posted after moderation.

Leave me a note! I love reading your thoughts.